Thursday, July 2, 2009

short post

I figured I needed to update my blog because I havent in quite awhile. Not much going on over here. I have been off work for a month now and will be going back hopefully next week. I am a little poor here.

Alexis survived the 5th grade (I knew she would!) and will be moving on to middle school. Yikes! So much drama in the 5th grade, can't imagine what it will be like in a few months. One good thing is that the middle school over here (one of them anyway) is turning into a magnate school, which will teach these kids the basics, but also science, health and art. Alexis has a list of classes she will be able to take such as...Anatomy and Psysiology (yuck), scrapbooking, photography, STOMP, CPR training (love), and others that will change every 9 weeks. All of the kid also have to wear polo shirts with the school emblems that will cut out all the "what shirt can I wear today" drama. Because really, some of these middle schoolers today disgust me with their little belly shirts. Some of these shirts not be allowed at school, and now they arent. The students get 9 different colors to choose from, but we, the parents, have to have them sewn on. So polos and sweatshirts for the Fall. I also got Alexis a cell phone. Her dad actually purchased the phone for her. I was shocked! And I get to pay the bill each month. Yayy! But its $40.00 a month for unlimited texting and minutes. And believe me, this girl can talk....or text.

What else is going on... I'm thinking about trading my truck in for a car. I am tired of not having a backseat so that when I am watching my niece and nephew, I can actually take them places and take them safely. But, I guess it will have to wait awhile.

I've taken lots of pictures in the last few months and can probably put them into a few new posts. So give me a few days....

No comments:

Post a Comment