Sunday, March 29, 2009

Selfish People!

Uggg, I just don't understand people. Why are people selfish? Why do people do the things they do. Let me explain a little bit.

Every year when I was little, for our birthday we would ALWAYS get something from both sets of grandparents. They would give us a card, money, savings bond or just something special for growing another year older. We would always have to put half of what we got into our savings account for the future and that was just the way it was.

Fast forward to 2009, Alexis is now 11 years old. When Jason and I were married and together, both sets of grandparents would always send something special for her birthday, we would have birthday parties for her and it would bring everyone together. Now that we are divorced and we have moved to Idaho, Jason's parents do nothing for Alexis. I send them pictures every year when honestly I don't feel the need to. But I do it regardless. Jason's father called me 2 weeks before Christmas and wanted to come over and pick us up to celebrate Christmas with them, which I don't think was the truth because he mentioned my mom and dad still living there. We got 4 feet of snow so we werent able to make it and I also had to work, whew! Jason's father also told me they had something for Alexis, but its now almost April and I have yet to see a package. J's mom lives in Montana and the other day called me up and told me she was in town and had just driven past our house. I was excited to see her, and to Alexis it was a surprise. They were down here purchasing a Chocolate Lab puppy for $400.00. What drives me crazy is that they can spend that money on a dog, but cant even bother to send Alexis a birthday card. I even hinted to her that Alexis was 11 now. She didn't hear me or acknowledge it. Now, all Jason does is deposit money into my checking account on Christmas and her birthday. But it would be nice for Alexis to at least send her a card, you know. Maybe I shouldn't be writing about this on here, but I get so damn angry. I don't want people to think Alexis is a little snot who expects things on special occasions, but to see her disappointed over and over again...

I would spend my last dime on one of my nieces or nephews birthday presents and ask Melissa, I have. I am single, and a single parent and its hard. I will be going back to school in the Fall, but I will post more about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment