Sunday, February 1, 2009

Nature Walk

So Alexis and I had cabin fever today, so we decided to go for a hike/nature walk. It was a bit cold outside, but it wasnt so cold it was unbearable. We hiked up to Higgins Point to see if we could catch some sightings of the American Bald Eagle. But we didnt see one. Normally we see families of them flying high up into the air, but we couldnt catch sight of them today for some reason. I said they were probably at home watching the SuperBowl. Alexis replied that it would work if the Philadelphia Eagles were playing, LOL. What I did notice is a lot of people walking their dogs. I miss having a dog. I want a dog! I wonder if my landlord would allow me to have one?! My cats certainly wouldnt like it. But its a proven fact that people who have pets are happier. The only downsides to having a dog is 1.) I rent, so if for some reason I have to move, many landlords dont want to rent to you if you have big dogs and 2.) dog crap in the backyard...gross!! Back to our walk, it was so nice and quiet. I was disappointed though that we didnt see any eagle this time. We went approx. 2 weeks ago, and were lucky enough to get pictures. We even took binoculars this time with us. I will post the picture of the eagle we saw but because my camera only has a 4x zoom, its not the best picture. In fact, I am thinking about getting a better camera with my tax return. I am looking towards the Canon XS 10 with 20x optical zoom. *SIGHS* Here are some pictures that I took, plus the eagle picture that I took a few weeks ago.





No comments:

Post a Comment