Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Shopping

Alexis and I had a wonderful weekend and even better Valentines Day. No, I didn't get any flowers, but maybe one day when I lose weight maybe someone will want to be with me. I look forward to that day. Mind you, I LOVE having Alexis around, though NOT when she's making messes or accidentally drops my favorite mug on the kitchen floor, shattering it and then not cleaning up the shards of glass; but I look forward to not being single and enjoying my life with a wonderful man and maybe a few more kids. But enough about the woe-is-me pity party. OK, so I myself have never heard of the grocery chain Winco before. We just had one open in North Spokane which is, according to map quest 48 mins away and 38 miles from my house to the store. I have been bugging both of my sisters to go, but they work and don't have the time to drive all the way over there. So yesterday, Alexis and I decided to go to Kmart and see what kind of clearance they have on winter stuff and Alexis found the cutest comforter set. But, the downfall...they didn't have it in queen size. So we decided not to get it. I then decided to drive to North Spokane to go to Winco and to stop at Kmart over there, which to me, seems to be bigger?! They had the comforter, so that is one of Alexis' birthday presents. So after getting lost for a few minutes, we found Winco. Now this store is just like Costco, but it doesn't sell anything in bulk sizes. When we went in, they were down to 5 carts, we took 1, which left 4 if that tells you how busy they were. OMG, this is the best store. They have everything you need, except clothes, and electronics. I got huge boxes of Cheerios for $1.50. Crackers for 98 cents. Salmon fillets, 1.5 pounds for $3.98, skinless, boneless chicken breasts (4 huge pieces per package) for 98 cents per pound. Bananas for 18 cents per pound, and so much more. OUTSTANDING!! They are so much cheaper then Walmart. I asked the cashier if they were coming to Northern Idaho anytime soon and she did mention they were coming to the valley in April, which is 22 miles from me, not bad at all. They take all types of payments except for credit cards. Another great thing about this store is that its employee owned, which means employees who work there get to have stock in the company and they own it. Oh yeah, you also have to bag your own groceries, so if you go and are buying a lot of groceries, bring someone to help you bag them or else...

3 comments:

  1. I can not wait until next month. We should go together. I need my entire trunk though. So we will have to take 2 cars. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are coming to idaho in one and a half years

    ReplyDelete