Monday, February 23, 2009

BBQ anyone?!

This past Friday, my daughter had her Family Fun Night at her school. Its her last year there and right now...I'm kind of sad because its on to middle school. OMG, that is so scary! The past 2 years we have gone, I usually buy her 25 game tickets, where she can win prizes or buy food (like popcorn). This year, I decided to let Alexis hang out at her school with her friends and not have me hanging around. She thought that was a great idea! This year, I bought her 25 tickets and 6 raffle tickets for baskets that each class participated in buying things for. I bought some last year and won nothing, so I only bought 6 this year with the assumption I wouldn't win anything. So Alexis and I drop our tickets in to 6 different baskets...a BBQ basket, a lottery ticket basket, a pizza basket, a cookie basket and 2 other ones I cant remember what though. I pick Alexis up at 7:15 and they are drawing for the baskets at 7:30 that night so we hang out and wait. Well...there are a lot of baskets, there are the baskets for all the classrooms AND other raffles for other things. So we hang out and its going so slow and I just want to get home. So we decide to go home, thinking that once again, we didnt win.

I pick Alexis up at school and here is what she is carrying...







Yep, we won! We got the BBQ basket that includes...hickory wood chips, 2 sets of skewers, BBQ sauce, an oven mitt, a table cloth, and a few other goodies. I was excited! Finally we won something. I will miss this next year but I know the middle schools around here do lots of great things. Now all I need is a BBQ....

No comments:

Post a Comment